Lemon and honey are classic Greek ingredients for any dish, adding a smell and flavor from the Mediterranean. But add Greek yogurt into the mix and you’ve got a wonderful, Greek-inspired cheesecake made with three of the Greekest ingredients we know.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it all the more appealing. Read below and see how quickly (and easily) you can have one of these gorgeous and tasty cheesecakes on your table.
- 1 1/2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup non fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp honey (Buy your Greek honey here)
- 3 egg whites (9 tbsp if using the kind in a carton)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. It will look thin and watery, but that’s ok.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 circle pan (a springform is best). Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Chill in fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- After chilled, cut into slices and serve chilled. Use remaining honey to drizzle on top of each piece. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Cover Image Credit: Nutrition in the Kitchen, which also features a different recipe for this same sumptuous cheesecake. Click here to see that recipe.
Will you Support The Pappas Post for as little as the cost of a cup of coffee per month?
Is The Pappas Post worth $5 a month for all of the content you read? On any given month, we publish dozens of articles that educate, inform, entertain, inspire and enrich thousands who read The Pappas Post. I’m asking those who frequent the site to chip in and help keep the quality of our content high — and free. Visit our Patreon page and start your monthly support today. When you become a Patron, you’ll also join an exclusive group of supporters that will have access to additional content and special offers that will be created just for you.