Little Island is a short documentary made by Angelos Psomopoulos and Alex Vilaras about the story of a man who chose to abandon all other life and for almost 40 years live on a small Greek island in southern Crete.
Through the years, he became one with the environment and managed to survive despite many difficulties. When his stay on the island is disturbed by the tenacity of the forestry commission, he refuses to leave.
A person’s destiny always lies in his or her worst fears and, unlike all of our worst fears, a strong will hidden behind a life makes it a worthwhile story to tell.
The film has received numerous awards and distinctions including:
- Official Selection Thessaloniki International Documentary Film Festival 2015
- Nominated for Best Direction Los Angeles Short Film Festival 2016
- Best Film Production SAE Alumni Awards 2015
- Official Selection San Fransisco Greek Film Festival 2016
- Festival Award Ierapetra International Documentary Film Festival 2015
- Official Selection Best Shorts Competition 2015
Watch “Little Island”
Will you Support The Pappas Post for as little as the cost of a cup of coffee per month?
Is The Pappas Post worth $5 a month for all of the content you read? On any given month, we publish dozens of articles that educate, inform, entertain, inspire and enrich thousands who read The Pappas Post. I’m asking those who frequent the site to chip in and help keep the quality of our content high— and free. Visit our Patreon page and start your monthly support today. When you become a Patron, you’ll also join an exclusive group of supporters that will have access to additional content and special offers that will be created just for you.